-
Senior Member
registered user
Nvidia kernel 2.6.6 crash - help
Ok, Knoppix v3.4, kernel 2.6.6, NVidia GeForce 4 MX 440 rev a3...
In an attempt to get my video working, I have brought down my system, and am now stuck in a text login screen - with reported errors from nvidia driver modules not being able initialize...
My attempt was to get Kano's script for nvidia - having more choices than knowledge - downloaded the install-nvidia-debian.sh, install-nvidia-5336-debian.sh, and the install-nvidia-6106-debian.sh...
Not sure which one I was "supposed" to run, I ran just the "install-nvidia-debian" -=- it ran fine, no errors, problems, and then rebooted...
I got to a login ( text mode ), logged in as root, and tried startkde ( no good, it died ), tried startx ( it died too, got the nvidia errors ) -=- and now I am stuck in text mode - no internet - no video - no GUI...
Help, I am desperate here - just got EVERYTHING installed, except a working ALSA - and just needed my nvidia working - and now I am dead...
Waiting on-line for assistance,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 02:22 PM
-
By pepe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 05:30 PM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 12:45 PM
-
By 3p0cHx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 11:21 PM
-
By ool in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00