Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I get large cursors?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30

    How do I get large cursors?

    I would like to have enlarged cursors for my tired old eyes, but I can't figure out how. I am running Knoppix 3.4 2004-05-17,which I installed to my hard disk and updated it this morning. I use the graphical login manager. The kde versions is 3.2.2.

    I downloaded several mouse themes via kde-look.org but none of them are particularly large. Several contained the instruction that to have large cursors add the line

    Xcursor.size: 48

    to ones .xinitrc or .xsession.

    However, kdm is started way before I log in, so that would seem to bypass my .xinitrc. I did put the above line into /etc/X11/Xresources/xfree86-common
    and was rewarded with a large cursor during the bring up phase but it promptly disappeared when I move the cursor from the splash screen. I reappeared when I selected logout from the menu.

    When I created an .Xsession with the above line, I could not log in. If I created .xintrc with the above line, there seemed to be no effect.

    I found many instances of the minihowto on big cursors, but following those instructions seemed to have no effect.

    It seems as though I start with large cursors due to the addition to /etc/X11/Xresources/xfree86-common
    but then KDE shuts them off in favor of one of its selections.

    I would appreciate any suggestions.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme

    If you don't like any of those cursors or it doesn't work or.....

    apt-get install big-cursor

    restart your X server and/or your font server (if you use one).

    HTH

Similar Threads

  1. Large HD Install
    By goudiemark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 12:57 AM
  2. copying a large file
    By igor_m in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 05:48 PM
  3. ISO image too large for CD
    By paparush in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-22-2003, 04:53 PM
  4. configs.tbz - how large could it get?
    By dunbar in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 07:50 AM
  5. whiteglass cursors
    By update_us in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 04:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON picture

1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON

$99.95



 Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128  picture

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128

$79.99



TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded picture

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded

$89.50



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer picture

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer

$600.00



Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller picture

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller

$29.99



RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on picture

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on

$70.00



COMMODORE 1520 PRINTER PLOTTER FOR C64 64C +4 C128 TESTED & WORKING LX51 🖨️⎙ picture

COMMODORE 1520 PRINTER PLOTTER FOR C64 64C +4 C128 TESTED & WORKING LX51 🖨️⎙

$149.99