Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: usd pendrive, does it works?

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21

    lsmod listing

    I will definately post complete lsmod listing. I don't have that drive with me today, it's at my work.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    LSMOD:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Module Size Used by Not tainted
    autofs4 8660 1 (autoclean)
    af_packet 13416 0 (autoclean)
    nls_cp437 4380 1 (autoclean)
    es1371 31944 0
    gameport 1324 0 [es1371]
    ac97_codec 9800 0 [es1371]
    soundcore 3396 4 [es1371]
    8139too 14664 0
    mii 1008 0 [8139too]
    agpgart 31136 0 (unused)
    serial 51908 0 (autoclean)
    usb-storage 48440 0
    usb-uhci 21644 0 (unused)
    usbcore 56736 1 [usb-storage usb-uhci]
    apm 9644 0 (unused)
    rtc 6940 0 (autoclean)
    cloop 23396 1
    ----------------------eof-----------------------------------


    I found some command which gave me the following result. (shame on me i don't remember which command it was )

    ------------------------------------------------

    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Virtual Hub
    Device Descriptor:
    bLength 18
    bDescriptorType 1
    bcdUSB 1.00
    bDeviceClass 9 Hub
    bDeviceSubClass 0
    bDeviceProtocol 0
    bMaxPacketSize0 8
    idVendor 0x0000 Virtual
    idProduct 0x0000 Hub
    bcdDevice 0.00
    iManufacturer 0
    iProduct 2 USB UHCI Root Hub
    iSerial 1 e000
    bNumConfigurations 1
    Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 2
    wTotalLength 25
    bNumInterfaces 1
    bConfigurationValue 1
    iConfiguration 0
    bmAttributes 0x40
    Self Powered
    MaxPower 0mA
    Interface Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 4
    bInterfaceNumber 0
    bAlternateSetting 0
    bNumEndpoints 1
    bInterfaceClass 9 Hub
    bInterfaceSubClass 0
    bInterfaceProtocol 0
    iInterface 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
    bmAttributes 3
    Transfer Type Interrupt
    Synch Type none
    wMaxPacketSize 8
    bInterval 255
    Language IDs: (length=4)
    0000 (null)((null))

    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 067b:2315 Prolific Technology, Inc.
    Device Descriptor:
    bLength 18
    bDescriptorType 1
    bcdUSB 1.10
    bDeviceClass 9 Hub
    bDeviceSubClass 0
    bDeviceProtocol 0
    bMaxPacketSize0 64
    idVendor 0x067b Prolific Technology, Inc.
    idProduct 0x2315
    bcdDevice 0.01
    iManufacturer 1 Taiwan Tai-Hao
    iProduct 3 USB Flash Disk Embedded Hub
    iSerial 0
    bNumConfigurations 1
    Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 2
    wTotalLength 34
    bNumInterfaces 1
    bConfigurationValue 1
    iConfiguration 0
    bmAttributes 0xc0
    Self Powered
    MaxPower 100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 4
    bInterfaceNumber 0
    bAlternateSetting 0
    bNumEndpoints 1
    bInterfaceClass 9 Hub
    bInterfaceSubClass 0
    bInterfaceProtocol 0
    iInterface 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
    bmAttributes 3
    Transfer Type Interrupt
    Synch Type none
    wMaxPacketSize 64
    bInterval 15
    Hub Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDesriptorType 41
    nNbrPorts 2
    wHubCharacteristic 0x0d 0x00
    bPwrOn2PwrGood 50 * 2 milli seconds
    bHubContrCurrent 100 milli Ampere
    DeviceRemovable 0x06
    PortPwrCtrlMask 0x06
    Language IDs: (length=4)
    0409 English(US)
    [more text snipped; Bus 001 devices 003 and 004 shows just the same as device 002]
    -+---------------------------------------------------


    anyway i cannot mount this flash pen drive, using sd[a-z][1-9]. Maybe i should try to format it under linux (it came preformatted) but i don't really know how, or if it would be a good idea.

    Another option is just wait until i can dl latest knoppix version and try it then (cross fingers)

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Virtual Hub
    Device Descriptor:
    bLength 18
    bDescriptorType 1
    bcdUSB 1.00
    This make me wonder about compatibility with USB 1.0
    Maybe it makes no diference.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    Ok, I guess it's time to give up. Thanks, rickenbacherus, por your instructive help. At least I've learned some things which may be useful some day. Or maybe this drive will work with knoopix 3.2 or maybe I buy a new USB 2 card...

    Bye (for now) and thanks again.

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Sorry we couldn't get it working. I'm still looking for something (anything at all) on USB 1.0 so who knows.

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    18

    Pen USB Drive

    I have used a bunch of USB and PCMCIA drives. I scanned the posts for this one. I might have missed it, but be sure to create the mount point on your file system where the drive is to go. I always want to fstab to a place that does exist. Editing fstab will work or not work depending if the mount point exists.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    6
    #mount -t usbfs /dev/sda1 /mount/pen
    just wanted to clarify something...

    if you try to mount ANYTHING with the usbfs filesystem, what you will get is a clone of /proc/bus/usb. in other words, it's like trying to mount proc on another dir. that's why you get some strange files like "devices" and "drivers".

  8. #18
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    18

    USB device fs

    The USB devices that I have connected in my system all came configured as DOS fs and I have always mounted them (sucessfully and easily) as DOS fs devices. The USB device was only 16 Meg. (It was for a project that only required a couple of Meg.) I was using RH 8 at the time. This is using 2.4.18-14 as the kernel. We tried a bunch of PCMCIA and USB devices. They all hand DOS or vfat fs on them for interchangability. RH uses some non-standard kernel patches. Looking at Knoppix, I would not expect it to act very different. Of course, it is dependent on the fs on the device, and it is my limited experience. Compared to getting other devices working with Linux, I have spent more time on these emails that I have getting my USB going. Just lucky so far, I guess.

  9. #19
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Got something for you to try out Brite. I wish I had a USB 1.0 something so I could try it myself. Anyway....... try adding this to
    your /etc/modules.conf after the line that reads
    #Name inconsistency in 2.4 kernel series
    alias usb-interface usb-uhci

    and of course.......let us know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 02:17 PM
  2. WOW - Everything works EXCEPT NO sounds? Help please
    By tigerb in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 02:10 AM
  3. Cant Find KNOPPIX filesystem - Booting from USB PenDrive
    By piper in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 04:23 PM
  4. usb pendrive
    By Massimo in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 03:06 PM
  5. v3.3 works on...
    By BL in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 02:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM picture

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM

$300.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49