-
Junior Member
registered user
Hoorah! 3.4 (2.6.6) fantastic working desktop configured.
After many tries, I now have a great Knoppix Debian desktop. I will be 70 in a few months, and decided to build my ultimate machine for my birthday (this is also my 7th computer I have built). I'm using a P4 2.8 ghz (800mhz FSB) over clocked to 3.4 ghz, water cooled...very quiet. 3 each 40mb hard drives, Radeon video, Epson 1650 scanner, Canon i560 printer, 19" monitor, DSL. The system is very fast. Anyone can put all that hardware together if they know how to use a phillips head, and pliers. What makes me feel good is being able to put together a XP competitive desktop using Knoppix/Debian (3.4-2.6.6 kernal). And use all my hardware. I did use a commercial driver for my Canon printer (Turboprint), which is very easy to install. I use latest Sane Backend, and Xsane & Gimp 2.0 for my scanner. I took me a while to get the CD/RW (Liteonit) working. I ended up using KSCD...works great. I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser, which is so much better than MS internet explorer. Kmail is my email client. I just wanted to write this to let all you know how much I appreciate everyone who participates on this web and a special thanks to Knoppix for allowing me and everyone else to use Debian the way it should be experienced. I have not used XP now for a week, and feel free, free , free. My wife thinks I'm nuts. She keeps screaming "I'm a computer widow". She has been saying that since 1985 when I was buried in my room trying to learn DOS. Thanks to all....Jesse
Similar Threads
-
By koo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2005, 02:12 AM
-
By WilyPython in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 10:31 PM
-
By vbtricks in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:09 AM
-
By ame in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 01:44 AM
-
By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-27-2003, 03:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 GU502L Republic of Games Gaming Laptop - 78% Battery
$545.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

ADATA SD810 1TB External SSD USB 3.2 Gen2x2 2000MB/s New Sealed **FREE SHIPPING
$109.95

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$465.98

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99