After doing a HDD install with kernel 2.6.6
I would like to edit the knoppix-autoconfig, to tweak some settings like default keyboard etc..
It appears that any change to this file, changes the whole file system to read only ??
I am new to Linux so maybe I am wrong in believing you can just edit and save this file?
My changes to knoppix-autoconfig work as wanted (no Ncurses selection screen, correct keyboard map etc..)
then it starts to complain.
Copying hardware profile to /etc/modules
: no such file or directory
/etc/rcS.d/S01knoppix-hd-config: line 36: /temp/hd-config.298: Read-only file
system.
after login this message is thrown (or something similar)
unable to change tty : read-only file system
Thanks for the excellent distro, everything's fine apart from this.

$80.00
Vintage Digitizer Tablet Accessories Lot 16 Button Puck & Stylus P/N 01-0339
$140.00
Vintage Data Technology DTC2280 16-Bit ISA I/O Card, Late '80s to Early '90s
$89.00
HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included.
$69.00
Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00
Vintage 90s PC Lot of 3.5 Floppy Disks Home Office Productivity CAD EXCEL WP AOL
$60.00
Vintage Microtech Europa 40 External SCSI Hard Drive (For Parts/Untested)
$59.95
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage IMSAI Dual 8” Floppy Disk Drive PerSci 277 Powers On Rare
$1599.00
IBM V.90 56K PCI Data Fax Modem 33L4619 33L4582 Lucent Vintage PC Card
$29.99