-
Junior Member
registered user
Cant find KNOPPIX filesystem
Ive just remastered MiniKnoppix for the 3rd time, only to get the same error everytime I do it:
Code:
Welcome to KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD!
Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/scd0.../modules/cloop.o: init_module:
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including IO and IRQ parameters
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Im remastering from a working MiniKnoppix version, i unpack the filesystem then switch to knoppix 3.3 to chroot and make the iso. I dont seem to get any errors and the iso seems to be the correct size.
Im following the commands *exactly*, and I even tried the feather linux tutorial:
http://featherlinux.berlios.de/remastering.html
and im gettin the same error everytime.
There was a similiar post a month ago (http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...f1c050241a8bae), but none of the suggestions worked.
What am i doing wrong?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Same problem here.
The Remastering HOWTO has some obvious mistakes and is less than clear on remastering 3.4, can someone please give a complete list of instructions.
On a related matter, where is the source for create_compressed_fs? I need to run it on a RedHat 7.3 machine and the version of glibc is different.
-
Senior Member
registered user
This error occurs when you use a different cloop version to remaster.
It's best to remaster from the same OS you are trying to remaster to avoid this issue. I discovered this when trying to remaster Knoppix 3.4 when booted from Knoppix 3.2.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
arkaine23
This error occurs when you use a different cloop version to remaster.
Ah, that'll be it, I used an old version of create_compressed_fs. I'm re-mastering on a RedHat 7.3 box, where can I find the source?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Right, I've rebuilt a static version of create_compressed_fs and used that to remaster and still the same problem.
This is very frustrating, I had no problems with 3.3. I want to use 3.4 as it has alot of nice features but unless I can crack this I'll have to dump it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Miniknoppix is based on 3.3, im using 3.3 to do the remaster.
I have a debian install on the computer im remastering with, can I apt-get some cloop utils and use that? I can copy /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs from 3.3 too. What version of cloop should I get?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I just another remaster from debian, after doing apt-get install cloop-utils
Im getting the same error!
Whats going on?
-
cloop-2.01
cloop-2.01 is needed for kernel 2.6.x up
get it from alex's "morphix" or nakada's "berry linux" or klaus's linuxtag_developer
the module cloop.ko is tightly associated with kernel_version which "compiles" it
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: cloop-2.01

Originally Posted by
wangji
the module cloop.ko is tightly associated with kernel_version which "compiles" it
Of course it is, but I'm not replacing the kernel or the module. Is create_compressed_fs or what it creates dependant on the kernel too?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes, the cloop module is specific to the kernel, and create_compressed_fs will use whatever version of cloop your kernel is using.
Similar Threads
-
By strtt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 06:44 PM
-
By rabinhood in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2005, 09:39 PM
-
By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
-
By pskipw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
-
By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black
$165.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001
$99.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00