-
Grub problem
I installed successfully Knoppix on harddisk with Lilo booting.
But then when I try to install Grub, there are problems:
Code:
knoppix:~$ grub-install /dev/hda
Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device.
I look at the script /sbin/grub-install and it seems that it is due to 'df'. I already did a "ln -sf /proc/mounts /etc/mtab" and df's output is:
Code:
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 5067968 2056284 2754244 43% /
/dev/root 5067968 2056284 2754244 43% /
Still it doesn't work
Any idea?
-
Salve kendrew!
"]I installed successfully Knoppix on harddisk with Lilo booting.
But then when I try to install Grub, there are problems:
Code:
knoppix:~$ grub-install /dev/hda
Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device.
My idea is that grub-install will maybe write to /boot. Do you have
a writable /boot directory?
I haven't used knx-hdinstall or grub yet, so sorry to haven't more
ideas than this link http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/#documentation
wich I will use to learn grub.
Greetings,
rob
-
thx rob
I figured out the problem: shouldn't use grub-install, just use grub instead.
grub-install tries to detect the harddisk, partition, but doesn't do it well.
rgds,
kendrew
Similar Threads
-
By hukdonfonix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By kofti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
-
By Neil Young & Crazy Ho in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 07:05 AM
-
By dantay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot 43 Mixed Brands Micron MT16KTF1G64HZ-1G6N1 8GB 2Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-F3 RAM
$649.99

Micron 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA-ED2-11 ECC MTA9ASF2G72AZ-3G2B1ZI
$299.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

G. SKILL 32GB UDIMM 2400 MHz PC4-19200 DDR4 SDRAM Memory (F42400C15Q32GRK)
$150.00