Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: usb wlan problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2

    usb wlan problems

    I have problems configuring my network connection ,I use a dlink dwl-122 usb wlan-card on my laptop and running knoppix 3.4,when I try to configur it with netcardconfig I get an error message "dhcp broadcast from device wlan0 operation failed".
    I´m booting knoppix from the cd so i can´t save changes in "interfaces".
    What can I do ? where can i get info how to configure it ?
    Thanks !

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8
    Rudy, did you ever get the DWL-122 USB adapter to work? I have the same one and I'm having a lot of fun (ha) trying to get it going. So far I can get AirSnort to recognize it but thats all.

    Sure would be nice to be able to save the changes

    M Walter

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2
    Hi Mark:
    I´m not sure if the card has been properly detected(my gues that is not ) How can you see that?I´m kind of new to linux.
    By the way ,how did you get AirSnort to detect the card?

    Rudy

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8
    Rudy

    Here is what I was able to do so far:

    boot with USB adapter NOT installed
    from the console/terminal run

    modprobe prism2 -r

    log in as root by issuing the following command from console:

    su

    install the network adapter and issue the following from the console:

    modprobe prism2_usb prism2_doreset=1
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=<SIDName> authtype=opensystem
    ifconfig wlan0
    (where SIDName is the name you assigned when you set up the router)

    then I started airsnort from the console.

    I have to have root privilages. If I follow the above as KNOPPIX it
    does not work

    I hope that helps you. If you find anything out let me know

    Mark

Similar Threads

  1. Wlan problems yet again.
    By kevman in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 05:55 PM
  2. Trendnet PC16 wlan card problems
    By geordiebiker in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 05:41 PM
  3. Wlan-Card-Problems
    By CKLM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 08:18 PM
  4. wlan problems
    By Kakalak in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 09:40 PM
  5. Problems w/Cisco Aironet 350 WLAN Card
    By jetfanroy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server Intel Xeon E5630 4GB DDR3 No HDD picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server Intel Xeon E5630 4GB DDR3 No HDD

$279.99



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM Power8 Server Control Panel Assembly FRU PN: 00E1966 Tested Working picture

IBM Power8 Server Control Panel Assembly FRU PN: 00E1966 Tested Working

$19.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB  G3D picture

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D

$142.50