-
Junior Member
registered user
Use Knoppix to set up modem in Debian
I have an old Pentium 75 that I'm setting up as a typing station (using vim at the command line) and I would like to get it connected to the internet. I installed Debian (sarge) but it can't find the modem. When I've tried Knoppix on it (very, very slow, but works--too cool), it finds the modem.
Is there some way to use what Knoppix has found to configure the modem under Debian? What files do I need to copy over and such?
Thanks.
--
Brian
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try using pppconfig (in your Debian install).
Similar Threads
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By flyboy_aaron in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 10:06 PM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By guest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-30-2002, 06:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box
$90.98

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00