-
Junior Member
registered user
Use Knoppix to set up modem in Debian
I have an old Pentium 75 that I'm setting up as a typing station (using vim at the command line) and I would like to get it connected to the internet. I installed Debian (sarge) but it can't find the modem. When I've tried Knoppix on it (very, very slow, but works--too cool), it finds the modem.
Is there some way to use what Knoppix has found to configure the modem under Debian? What files do I need to copy over and such?
Thanks.
--
Brian
Similar Threads
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By flyboy_aaron in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 10:06 PM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By guest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-30-2002, 06:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99

Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super
$148.66

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold
$44.99

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00