-
Adding libraries
I am running knoppix 3.3 with no problem.
However, I have a small program compiled on another linux machine and the executable file, which runs fine on the machine it is compiled on, will not run on the Knoppix machine.
It complains that it can not find a shared library: "libg2c.so.0"
This is understandable since the library is for Fortran and not on the knoppix CD.
Question: Is there any way to add this library (libg2c.so.0) so that I can run the small program on the knoppix machine. ( I have plenty of space on my 512 MB usb drive.)
Of couse, if I could link the library into the execuatable in the first place on the compiling machine, then it should not need the additional library. However, I have not found a way to do that (I am compiling the small program using g77 compiler).
TIA, Bob
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sure it's not in /usr/lib?
A google for
libg2c.so.0 debian
throws up some items which suggest a symlink may be missing.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By Kierano in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:17 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 11:58 PM
-
By skontox in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 02:20 PM
-
By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 30
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99