I'm trying to boot to a Knoppix-std 0.1 CD. Under failsafe mode all I get is an infinite list of error messages "APIC error on CPU0: 04(04)". The system is running a SMP board but with only one processor (and XP processor and not an MP processor). Windows and other OSes boot fine. I've tried knoppix noapic but to no avail. I've searched around and found that the solution to this is usually to disable in the kernel SMP support and APIC on uniprocessor support.
Anyway I can get the system to boot knoppix?

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99
Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2
$34.99
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3X6
$28.99
$18.00