-
Senior Member
registered user
i2c with Knoppix v3.4 ( kernel 2.6.6 )
This past weekend, I planned to install the new Knoppix v3.4, with kernel 2.6.6, onto my hard drive... That worked perfectly, I think the new knoppix-installer is great, a deffinate coding "work of art"...
Now, I am going through all the configurations... One that has me puzzled though...
I had ( in v3.3 ) GKrelM running for sensors, with backgrounded lmsensors and i2c running to provide the "grunt" work... In the documentation of lmsensors, it made note that if you have kernel versions from 2.6.x or higher, the i2c is ALREADY included in the kernel, and that you DON'T use the i2c prodivded by lmsensors -=- my question...
I installed lmsensors and GKrelM, and they appear to be working, except I can't get the sensors for CPU and CASE temps, or the FAN RPM's - I would bet these "sensors" come from the i2c support - so, if kernel 2.6.6 has i2c in it, how do I get it going, because it appears it isn't at this time???
Thanks in advance for any advice,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01