-
Senior Member
registered user
rickenbacherus is correct, put your lilo (or grub) bootloader on your root partition, NOT your mbr. I have used older versions of bootmagic and it worked fine.
Note: partitions made with PartitionMagic may not be compatible with other partition applications (DOS fdisk or linux fdisk, cfdisk, parted, etc.), so don't forget that if you create partitions on a drive with PM you may have to use it from that point on on that drive. I ran into this problem myself, I had a 20GB hd with a 9GB FAT32 partition and several ext2 partitions. I put the drive into my wife's computer and could not install windows on the 9GB partition, other partition apps saw it as a 2GB partition, finally after hours of running scandisk, and using another app the FAT was fixed and I was able to copy the partition and keep all of the data and then was able to re-partition and rebuild the drive.
rock
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage PB-64 64K RAM Printer Buffer Parallel Computer Printer Interface
$74.99

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

Vintage Apple USB Puck Mouse Model M4848 Grape Purple Tested
$49.99

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99