-
kdm, gdm, xdm, xsession, etc.
Hello all,
I have Debian Sid installed to my HD via the Kanotix live CD (Knoppix derivative). I've messed something up. When I use KDM to manage logins, entering a username/password combo simply restarts the X server and leaves me at the KDM login prompt. When I use GDM, no matter which session type I choose (KDE, XFCE4, IceWM, etc.), it always logs in to a KDE session. If I drop to a console, log in as root and do "/etc/init.d/[k/g]dm stop" then "su - myuser" and do "startx", it uses my .xsession file to start XFCE4 just fine. I'd like to be able to log in using [k/g]dm since other users on my box prefer KDE, whereas I prefer XFCE4.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
BamaRob
Similar Threads
-
By hcs in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 04:40 AM
-
By o0oO in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By linuxusr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 08:31 PM
-
By theARE in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 07:43 PM
-
By mack in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 01:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG
$199.95

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$99.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SK hynix 576GB DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM Server RAM 24x DIMMs 12x32GB + 12x16GB
$3000.00

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95