Hello all,
I have Debian Sid installed to my HD via the Kanotix live CD (Knoppix derivative). I've messed something up. When I use KDM to manage logins, entering a username/password combo simply restarts the X server and leaves me at the KDM login prompt. When I use GDM, no matter which session type I choose (KDE, XFCE4, IceWM, etc.), it always logs in to a KDE session. If I drop to a console, log in as root and do "/etc/init.d/[k/g]dm stop" then "su - myuser" and do "startx", it uses my .xsession file to start XFCE4 just fine. I'd like to be able to log in using [k/g]dm since other users on my box prefer KDE, whereas I prefer XFCE4.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
BamaRob

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99