-
can't edit lilo.conf
I am attempting to install knoppix on my hd and all has gone well untill I need to change my lilo config. Every time I try to edit it I get an error about not being able to open. How can I fix this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
call 'whoami' first.
If you're not root, become root with '/bin/su'.
You need the root-password.
PS.: 'Tips and Tricks' is the wrong section for your question - it is ment for publishing tricks and tips, not for pulling.
HD-Install would have been better.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Tips and Tricks is for contributing a tip or a trick so I've moved the post.
Similar Threads
-
By el__sid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 12:24 AM
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 04:00 PM
-
By pat reen in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 02:13 AM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45
$49.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99