-
can't edit lilo.conf
I am attempting to install knoppix on my hd and all has gone well untill I need to change my lilo config. Every time I try to edit it I get an error about not being able to open. How can I fix this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
call 'whoami' first.
If you're not root, become root with '/bin/su'.
You need the root-password.
PS.: 'Tips and Tricks' is the wrong section for your question - it is ment for publishing tricks and tips, not for pulling.
HD-Install would have been better.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Tips and Tricks is for contributing a tip or a trick so I've moved the post.
Similar Threads
-
By el__sid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 12:24 AM
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 04:00 PM
-
By pat reen in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 02:13 AM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$149.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56