-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi Kelmo,
if this was so easy, I'd be glad. But it isn't!
I tried insmod usb*, but it didn't find the usb-storage module. Then I found it somewhere deep in the directory tree and installed it there manually. But when I try to mount my usb stick on sda1, I always get the error message: "not a valid block device". sda4 is my Iomega ZIP drive which works fine.
As I wrote, the situation is a little bit different when booting from CD (Knoppix 3.3 or 3.4ct): Then, the USB stick is recognized correctly (as shown with "dmesg"), but Knoppix installs four SCSI devices, named sda1, 2, 3, and 4. sda4 should be my Iomega ZIP drive. However, if you try to mount any of the sda1...4 devices, you'll get the error message "filesystem could not be detected".
Please help!
Olivier
Similar Threads
-
By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
-
By gus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
-
By Edwin Glaser in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-04-2004, 09:03 PM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01