Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do I get into KDE?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8

    How do I get into KDE?

    I installed knoppix with "knoppix-installer" with the beginer setting, and everything loaded fine, but when I start knoppix all i get is the command prompt. How do I get into KDE or whatever?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    Try typing startx and press the enter key.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8
    thanks for the help. I found that it was because when I installed I did it from the command prompt only feature on the disk, so that's all I got. I fixed it though. I have found another problem though, after using the cd burning app I have not been able to login to my account. It doesn't give me the "failed" message. It acts as if it is going in, and then just goes back into the login prompt without ever actually getting in. I have reinstalled a coupple of times and I get the same problem. I have also tried deleting the user from the root account (which works) and making a new account (with the same name, and different names) but it does the same thing.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    If you are referring to kdm login, click the menu button and check that session type is kde.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8
    I tried all of tkhe login types, and the only one that works is the command prompt.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    I am not sure what else for you to try. What steps did you take when you reinstalled knoppix? Just a guess, you might want to try deleting the linux partitions and recreate them before reinstalling to hdd.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5

Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD

$19.90



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



ST2000NM0023 SEAGATE 2TB 7200 RPM 6G DP SAS MDL 3.5“ HARD DRIVE picture

ST2000NM0023 SEAGATE 2TB 7200 RPM 6G DP SAS MDL 3.5“ HARD DRIVE

$14.90



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$343.98



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00