Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do I get into KDE?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8

    How do I get into KDE?

    I installed knoppix with "knoppix-installer" with the beginer setting, and everything loaded fine, but when I start knoppix all i get is the command prompt. How do I get into KDE or whatever?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    Try typing startx and press the enter key.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8
    thanks for the help. I found that it was because when I installed I did it from the command prompt only feature on the disk, so that's all I got. I fixed it though. I have found another problem though, after using the cd burning app I have not been able to login to my account. It doesn't give me the "failed" message. It acts as if it is going in, and then just goes back into the login prompt without ever actually getting in. I have reinstalled a coupple of times and I get the same problem. I have also tried deleting the user from the root account (which works) and making a new account (with the same name, and different names) but it does the same thing.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    If you are referring to kdm login, click the menu button and check that session type is kde.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8
    I tried all of tkhe login types, and the only one that works is the command prompt.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    I am not sure what else for you to try. What steps did you take when you reinstalled knoppix? Just a guess, you might want to try deleting the linux partitions and recreate them before reinstalling to hdd.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor

$85.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good picture

Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good

$39.99



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0 picture

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0

$38.00