Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: java broke in 3.4?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    16

    java broke in 3.4?

    My wife likes to play the java games at popcap.com but they no longer come up in either konqueror or mozilla in knoppix 3.4. They did come up in 3.1 (and 3.3 too I think).

    Some of the simpler java applets (for example text effect applets at javaboutique.com) DO work, so I wonder why these non-simple games don't work? Anybody else able to get the popcap.com java games to work in 3.4?

    I'm on a P-266 (320 MB ram) and all java/javascript browser settings seem to be enabled but they're at the default settings I believe.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    I don't know what browser you use nor if this is an hdd install or cdrom boot environment. On an hdd install of Linux you need to get the appropriate plugin. Mozilla Firefox prompts you and lets you do this automatically.

    "Download the Java Run Time Environment (JRE) v1.3 Plug-in with Java 2 support, for your platform, either Windows or Linux. After the installation completes, restart the browser, then return to your original page."

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    16
    I'm using the live CD with no HD. Interesting that with 3.4 I have to download a browser plugin now whereas I didn't have to with older knoppix. I've tried both mozilla and konqueror.

    Where do I find this plugin and how big of a download is it?

Similar Threads

  1. ndiswrapper broke on 3.8.1 & 3.8.2
    By GaTk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 10:38 PM
  2. Hah. I broke it.
    By Shadda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 06:52 AM
  3. many printers broke in knoppix 3.4+?
    By drews in forum General Support
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 06:59 AM
  4. Oh dear, what have I broke?
    By joshua in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 02:15 AM
  5. xawtv & alsa ==> BROKE!
    By manjo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER picture

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER

$349.99



IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED picture

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED

$165.00



IBM 02AN553  01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN  Internal Server Systems Adapter picture

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter

$199.99



DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC  picture

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC

$1299.00