Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can't Find Knoppix FileSystem

  1. #1

    Can't Find Knoppix FileSystem

    When booting from floppy, my computer (200Mhz, old thing), cannot find the filesystem on the CD-ROM let alone find what the CD-ROM is. I have no previous experience working with this computer. Is it safe to say this CD-Drive is broken? I can put in a CD and Eject them.... knoppix has been great for other computers with hardware detection...

    Any thoughts? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120
    Some (lesser quality) cd drives just don't work well with knoppix, most notably, Aopen drives. You may want to try swaping your cd drive with a different one to see if it's the drives fault, then post your results.

    What brand of drive is it?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14
    I have the same problem, about the "missing filesystem." I bought a newer laptop, a nice Sharp UM30W, but the CD drive is a slow external drive. Do you think that if I found a newer CD drive it would work? Or would using USB 2.0 instead of the internal 1.0 fix it? I'd like to find a solution to this, and I'm hoping it's not just that my laptop is too new... I love the laptop but life with no Knoppix doesn't seem quite worth it now...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1
    This worked for me...

    at Boot type: Knoppix nodma

    Hope that helps,
    Ross

  5. #5
    I tried swapping out the CD-DRIVE with another one and it was able to detect it and install. So far so good. Now I just need to find an small IDE hard drive for another older computer that I'm trying to get to work.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1
    Excellent advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rossman2076
    This worked for me...

    at Boot type: Knoppix nodma

    Hope that helps,
    Ross

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem 3.7 vs 3.4
    By mariuss in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 02:48 AM
  2. DVD - Can't find a KNOPPIX Filesystem
    By rabinhood in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 09:39 PM
  3. Cant find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By tw in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 08:17 AM
  4. can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:50 PM
  5. Can't Find Knoppix Filesystem
    By primetime in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum picture

Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum

$72.62