Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: how do I remove bad apt sources?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5

    how do I remove bad apt sources?

    Hello Everone,

    I was wondering if there was a way to automaticly remove bad apt.sources from my list and replace it with a working mirror?
    I am asking becuse when I run apt-get update apt fails to connect to some mirriors. Or do I just have to do this manually? : I have installed both apt-spy & apt-setup

    Thanks very much

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I'd just edit the sources.list and stick a "#" in front of the line for any mirror that doesn't work.

    vi /etc/apt/sources.list

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks arkaine23,

    I'll give that a shot

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by arkaine23
    vi /etc/apt/sources.list
    I'd use mc (Midnight Commander) instead of vi editor

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5
    I prefer nano, but removing the failed apt sources did the trick

    Thanks again

Similar Threads

  1. how to remove a packae without using apt-get remove?
    By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 05:34 PM
  2. apt-get sources in the uk
    By Rink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:47 AM
  3. Sources.lst
    By whaase in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:39 PM
  4. Where are the CVS sources?
    By Fang in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 02:39 PM
  5. Apt-get Sources Question
    By aay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2003, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.27



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$259.02



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00