-
FAILURE DURING ALCATEL INSTALLATION - PLEASE HELP!!
Hi, I am very new to linux and am in the process of trying to get my alcatel modem working so i can browse the web.
At this point I should probably tell you I am using the live cd of knoppix version 3.4,
I have copied and extracted the file:
speedtouchconf-19-06-2004.tar.gz
into my home directory, I have the copied the file :
mgmt.o
into the created directory speedtouchconf-19-06-2004.
I have then opened a shell window, changed from user to root with su command, then run :
sh speedtouchconf-19-06-2004.sh
I have then answered all the questions and away the installation goes, that is UNTIL !!!
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/sbin/modem_run :
Read only file system
I have tried changing the file permission with
Root@TTYP1[local]# chmod a+w sbin
to which it says something along the lines of
changing user permissions of the file sbin : Read only file system
Getting very frustrating, I hope someone can help me with this problem I am pulling my hair out and cant find any info apart from the usual how to install $%& that I've been following.
Thanks for reading this massive problem
Arran
Similar Threads
-
By Dreamcatcher in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 11:27 AM
-
By looney in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By perpo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
-
By wfb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 06:14 AM
-
By jeff_mills in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 04:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$139.00

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i3-13100T CPU 13th Gen SRMBT 2.5 GHz LGA-1700 Desktop Processor
$105.00

20PCS CPU Processor Storage & Shipping Trays – 37.5mm x 37.5mm
$60.00