Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Silly ? -- How do I run a script under Knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4

    Silly ? -- How do I run a script under Knoppix?

    I want to run a script under Knoppix, booted from cd. I have tried a couple of times and get the word that I need Root priveleges. I overcame this once by prefacing with sudo, so I am wondering if this will work again. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Well, not all scripts need root privileges. For example, I can install Firefox, and run the shell script just by clicking it. 'Sudo' should execute one command as root. Type 'su' [return], and you're root for the remainder of the shell session. Alternatively, if you're working in KDE, you can sometimes define a root password by opening a shell and typing 'sudo passwd', and entering a password twice, then closing the shell. That way, if you're in KDE and something needs root privileges, it will ask for the root password, and you can enter what you defined.

    jd

Similar Threads

  1. Where is the knx-hdinstal script in Knoppix 3.7?
    By despertaferro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 05:23 PM
  2. Silly Floppy Question
    By brianfay in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 08:07 PM
  3. Knoppix.clean script
    By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:20 PM
  4. adding a little script to knoppix CD
    By tealeaf in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
  5. a silly *temperature* question
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.58