I want to run a script under Knoppix, booted from cd. I have tried a couple of times and get the word that I need Root priveleges. I overcame this once by prefacing with sudo, so I am wondering if this will work again. Thanks.
I want to run a script under Knoppix, booted from cd. I have tried a couple of times and get the word that I need Root priveleges. I overcame this once by prefacing with sudo, so I am wondering if this will work again. Thanks.
Well, not all scripts need root privileges. For example, I can install Firefox, and run the shell script just by clicking it. 'Sudo' should execute one command as root. Type 'su' [return], and you're root for the remainder of the shell session. Alternatively, if you're working in KDE, you can sometimes define a root password by opening a shell and typing 'sudo passwd', and entering a password twice, then closing the shell. That way, if you're in KDE and something needs root privileges, it will ask for the root password, and you can enter what you defined.
jd

Vintage Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold CT4390 ISA Sound Card - UNTESTED
$225.00
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ
$160.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
EARLY INTEL 3101 Vintage Ceramic chip. ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$350.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Belkin Data Transfer Switch Box 4 Posit DB25 Serial Parallel F1B028E NIB
$29.99
Lot of 4 Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic Gray Trace Chip - SOLDER PULLS (BO)
$200.00
Vintage Gazelle Systems OP-Tune 1.3 Box Complete CIB Dual Floppy 3.5 5.25 DOS
$54.99
Vintage Mitsubishi CDVR412 CD-RW Optical Drive SCSI 50 Pin Used
$47.99