Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Some questions before I do it

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    that's the spirit, Jez nothing like getting your hands dirty to learn, learn, learn. Linux it seems is like medicine, you can never stop learning so you might as well get used to it early on. Besides the headaches, though, and sleepless nights I do believe I sent my old eyes over the edge with reading reading reading

    Google here, google there. Do plenty of searches in forums, this and linuxquestions.org is another good one. Soon you will be a veteran noob like me

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    ooh and you might want to check out and get or update bluez-utils:
    "tools and system daemons for using Bluetooth devices. . BlueZ is the official Linux Bluetooth protocol stack. It is an Open Source project distributed under GNU General Public License (GPL). . More information is available at http://bluez.sourceforge.net/"

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    27
    Thanks for the link, I'll check that out

    At the moment I think my main problem is going to be getting internet access in Linux. Thing is, I'm using one of ASUS' wifi adapters that has it's own special slot on the motherboard, rather than a PCI slot, and I have no idea how to set it up in Linux, if it's even possible. I've been searching frantically for info, but most of what I'm finding is other people asking the same question as me, and not getting anywhere. I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to get it working in Linux... Since I get my internet connection through the network, I can't get internet in Linux right now Time to buy a new wifi card perhaps :P.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. A few questions.
    By SNK88 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
  2. Last two questions before i go for it.
    By tycapel7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 07:42 AM
  3. Few questions
    By ZeroKun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 10:05 AM
  4. two questions
    By schunn99 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 11:14 PM
  5. Several apt-get questions
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install picture

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install

$59.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.27



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$236.00



New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM picture

New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM

$34.95



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$99.00