-
Silly ? -- How do I run a script under Knoppix?
I want to run a script under Knoppix, booted from cd. I have tried a couple of times and get the word that I need Root priveleges. I overcame this once by prefacing with sudo, so I am wondering if this will work again. Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, not all scripts need root privileges. For example, I can install Firefox, and run the shell script just by clicking it. 'Sudo' should execute one command as root. Type 'su' [return], and you're root for the remainder of the shell session. Alternatively, if you're working in KDE, you can sometimes define a root password by opening a shell and typing 'sudo passwd', and entering a password twice, then closing the shell. That way, if you're in KDE and something needs root privileges, it will ask for the root password, and you can enter what you defined.
jd
Similar Threads
-
By despertaferro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-13-2004, 05:23 PM
-
By brianfay in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 08:07 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:20 PM
-
By tealeaf in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 07:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

PNY Optima SSD Series 240GB SATA III 6 Gb/s Solid State Drive
$39.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00