-
Hi Ishaim, I'm a complete noob myself, but here is my experience :
I didn't manage to connect to the internet via knoppix, but I decided using the live CD and having no HD support was to much trouble - so I installed (Mandrake) Linux on my HD.
As far as repartitioning - I had only one NTFS partition with windows XP on it, what I did was use Partition Magic 8 to shrink the size of the existing partition, and make room for linux. I then installed mandrake linux with no trouble at all, and now can use both OS with no problems.
but one important thing:
DO NOT create a linux partition with Partition Magic, as this can cause trouble. What you want to do is only resize the existing partition, so that you end up with some unassigned space on your hard drive (I left 8GB out of 40) and then when you install linux it will find this space and use it automatically (I had no trouble with mandrake, I hear other distros can be harder for someone with no experience)
Hope that helps!!
Similar Threads
-
By newpants2003 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2005, 08:08 PM
-
By shiv_379 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 09:48 PM
-
By Guitarplaya512 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 01:53 PM
-
By _StREAk_ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 04:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable
$155.00

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

Vintage 1980’s Atari CX77 Touch Tablet UNTESTED READ
$25.00

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box
$200.00