Hi,
I recently updated my "Flash Knoppix" guide to work with Knoppix 3.4
It's available at:
http://staff.washington.edu/gray/KnoppixCFguide.html
(If there are better places to let people know, please advise and/or re-post this.)
Best...
-teg
Hi,
I recently updated my "Flash Knoppix" guide to work with Knoppix 3.4
It's available at:
http://staff.washington.edu/gray/KnoppixCFguide.html
(If there are better places to let people know, please advise and/or re-post this.)
Best...
-teg
Yup, I was one of the original howto writers for howto copy /knoppix/knoppix from a liveCD to a vfat32 partition and rebooting from there: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10475
Now-a-days I usually just knoppix-installer to a linux partition and setup dual boots with lilo in the mbr.
I haven't tried it yet, but what about the following cheatcode?
Regards,Code:knoppix bootfrom /dev/hda1/knoppix.iso
AJG
The only drawback with "bootfrom=/hda1/path/to/knoppix.iso", where hda1 is an NTFS partition, is that you either have to have the Knoppix CD in the CD drive (you can remove it after it starts, and use your CD drive for other things) or have the (cd)/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file saved on another non-NTFS partition. (And if you do that, you don't need the ISO file; you can use the "fromhd=" cheatcode.)
In other words, Knoppix won't start without being able to access that (cd)/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file on a non-NTFS partition somewhere.
See this long thread if you're interested.

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08