-
(Some different) Questions before I start....
Hi
There's a great thread going with a similar title in this section. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite answer my questions so I've decided to post these separately.
Basically, I have Mandrake 9.2 installed on my system. I recently tried updating this to version 10 and almost lost my system. I've since tried Knoppix, loved it, and now want to install it on my HDD. "No problem", you say. But... and here's the big question... I'd like to retain the /home partition from my present set-up. Can I do this? If so, how?
My other partitions are /usr, / and swap. Can Knoppix recognise these and use them in the same way that Mandrake does? I've done several re-installs of Mandrake where these get reformatted while /home is retained.
Alternatively, I have some spare room on my HDD - remnants of an XP install I had to wipe and have, so far, been unable to re-use. I could reformat this as ext3 and install Knoppix here. But I'd rather retain a separate /home as I've found this very useful in the past.
Thanks in advance for any and all help offered.
Lance
Similar Threads
-
By techz_boy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2005, 05:54 AM
-
By ck_lee in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:10 PM
-
By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 04:24 PM
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:53 AM
-
By Rhymer in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21