Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Two Monitors with Knoppix 3.4 ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Two Monitors with Knoppix 3.4 ?

    I have a system with two graphics cards.

    1 Aopen Aeolus GeForce 4200ti ( AGP )
    1 Noname GeForce 2 MX 440 ( PCI )

    My main card is detected but the 2nd card is not deteced, nor is any option given to extend my desktop to my 2nd Monitor.

    I am currently on my laptop so I cannot post any more information. Maybe someone can already give me a hint.

    Notice. I am a TOTAL 100% LINUX Newbie

    Okay I am now on my Main PC and did the lcpi -v thingy - but how I do I cut & paste it into the forum? I tried the "normal" CTRL + C in the Root Shell but it does not do anything - same thing with right click on the mouse. Please lemme know how I can paste the info here. Thanks!


    [/code]

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12
    any luck with your query?

  3. #3
    Nope - either nobody seems to have this problem or nobody seems to have a 2nd Monitor

    I decided to forget about Linux/Knoppix because without the 2nd Monitor I have no use for Linux/Knoppix on my machine.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    16
    Yes, I'm used to 2 monitors as well, and it sucks to not be able to use them. In my case, my gfx card RADEON 9600se has the capability, but the screens aren't getting repainted very well. I don't know if it's the driver or X, but I used to be able to do it with my other PC with a RADEON 9600xt.
    Dunno what the problem is, yet.
    I'm willing to try out a new version of X and a different way of installing the driver than using Kano's script.
    Until then, I'm mostly on Win2000.

Similar Threads

  1. Dual Monitors Possible?
    By $hogun in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 03:35 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.4 and Dual Display (running two monitors)
    By nicorelli in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
  3. LCD Monitors and Knoppix
    By robbief in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 11:19 PM
  4. Multiple Monitors in KDE
    By Simon_Haddad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 06:23 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000 picture

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000

$349.99



✅ MacroSystem CASABLANCA ⭐ Commodore Amiga 3000 Clone ⭐ Video Editing Computer ⚡️ picture

✅ MacroSystem CASABLANCA ⭐ Commodore Amiga 3000 Clone ⭐ Video Editing Computer ⚡️

$190.21



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$279.00



Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is) picture

Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)

$239.75



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$200.00



Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy picture

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy

$499.99



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00