-
Some questions for HD install...
Hi, I tried Knoppix and got it working, everything was fine, there were just a few things I would change, but that's not the point of this post :P
I'd like to try a HD install of this spiffy OS. I think I have enough disk space to pull it off, but having read a few of the guides it seems like Knoppix needs its own partition. At this point I have my 80GB hard drive partitioned as follows:
C: drive - contains windows XP, essential programs, has 9.95 GB left of 18.5 GB
E: drive - contains downloads, music, backups of old PC, 3.53 gb of 18.5 GB left
F: drive - contains my games
, has 5.16 GB of 18.5 GB left
G: drive - contains images, movies, some buisiness programs. has 1.70 GB left of 18.8
BTW, all drives are NTFS, but this should not be a problem, since I've got Knoppix 3.4 with capture-ntfs.
So I really still have about 20 GB of unused space. Is there any way I can use some of my unused space to install Knoppix/Debian on? If possible, I don't want to lose the data on any of my discs, except maybe games which can be easily reinstalled. I was thinking about backing up the important stuff on my games drive onto a seperate drive(shouldn't take much space, just savegames and stuff), deleting the F: partition, and creating a new Knoppix partition.
Most of my games should work fine under Linux, my favorites are UT2K4, Neverwinter Nights, which run natively under Linux, and Steam, which supposedly runs fine under WineX/Cedego. All I would really have to worry about is getting my video card to work properly, but that's a different thread :P Also, I can still boot to Windows XP to play some games who don't like Linux, right?
Finally, if anyone has any REALLY basic FAQs or documents on Linux/Debian/Knoppix, it would be really useful, most of the docs I'm reading assume that you understand the command line fairly well, and I'm still trying to catch on to what all these crazy commands they are using really do :P
So advice as to how I should proceed with this would be very much appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By rniles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 04:21 AM
-
By Luke Riches in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 08:15 AM
-
By c123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:31 AM
-
By bigjohn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 12:33 PM
-
By Slo in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 06:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco C9300NM8X Network Switch Module
$649.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850
$16.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

CISCO ISR4331/K9 V04 Integrated Services Router -Sealed Box
$332.49