Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ypbind...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Hague, The Netherlands
    Posts
    93

    ypbind...

    It is taking forever to boot my computer because ypbind................

    comes up. How do I shut this off?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    Open a root shell and:
    Code:
    apt-get --purge nis

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    $ /etc/init.d/nis stop
    $ update-rc.d -f nis remove
    As root ...

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Hague, The Netherlands
    Posts
    93
    Thnaks guys. I used Kelmo's method sucessfully.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    Excellent advice from kelmo. I just noticed an error in my previous post, and after I edited it, don't know what I was thinking.
    Should be:
    Code:
    apt-get remove --purge nis
    I think renaming nis as root, to something like off-nis, in init.d would have also done the trick. Easy to turn back on, simply rename back to nis. I believe I read this tip, or something like it, on the Debian website.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    35
    I'm new and wanted to remove nis too, but I used DuckDodgers method, I couldn't figure out Kelmo's method out.

Similar Threads

  1. Ypbind
    By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 04:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99