Anyone know of a site for a fast download of Knoppix3.4?
All the mirror sites seem to give a download of about 29 hours even with Broadband![]()
TIA
Anyone know of a site for a fast download of Knoppix3.4?
All the mirror sites seem to give a download of about 29 hours even with Broadband![]()
TIA
http://linuxiso.org/distro.php?distro=44
Got it overnight.
-jellysandwich
That ain't right. The longest I ever waited with broadband was maybe 4 hours, and that was on the day that a new version was released. Even dialup didn't take as long as you describe.Originally Posted by walwal
Just a thought, have you tried bittorrent? Sometimes it can be faster.
jd
Thanks guys. That was what I wanted to know.
I really had a go at AOL and when I got home from work today... Well you can guess![]()
Im downloading from the same sites as before but now at 30.1 kb/sec which I think is close to the advertised maximum. Should take 6 hours or so Ill leave it on overnight and lets hope.
Expect Ill be back with some more questions soon now!

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00