-
Junior Member
registered user
Getting the monitor in the right resolution
Hi there. I recently did a hard disk install, and now I'm trying to get various things working. One such thing is my monitor. It 'works' fine, but the highest resolution available was 1024x768, and it seemed to insist on running at 100Hz.
After a bit of searching etc., I came to the conclusion that I needed to fiddle with XF86Config-4 a bit. I did so. I commented out a load of lines which one thread suggested, and that did nothing by itself. However, I then looked futher down in the file, and found a bit which seemed to list available resolutions for each bit depth.
The lists for each depth listed "1024x768" as being the highest resolution. I simple stuck "1600x1200" "1280x1024" on the beginning of each of these lines.
This partially worked. Thing is, now everything is running at 1280x1024, which is one of the options I added... But this now seems to be the highest resolution available. I'm currently sitting here in Windows (
) and everything is working happilly at 1600x1200, like it always has done. I'm a bit clueless why "1600x1200" is not available for me in Linux at the moment.
Anybody know what I should be editing/installing to make this work properly?
If it's any help, I'm using an LG F900P monitor. I think this is more of a software thing though, right?
Any help appreciated
Similar Threads
-
By alghieri in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 04:09 PM
-
By mail2me in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 01:23 AM
-
By abouzeis in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By comanam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
-
By new dumbie in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99