Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: BASH console on TI83+

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9

    BASH console on TI83+

    I'm fairly new to Linux, but I was wondering if it was possible to port the BASH shell to a TI83+ or other Texas Instrument Graphing Calculators?


    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    61

    maybe

    I guess you could, but the TI-83 only has 256KB ...maybe. you might check out TI sites--I know there's lots of games and such to download and import to those. I don't think it has enough ram to run bash. I've got an older TI85--It's simple enough to program, why would you need a shell?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9

    Console for TI83+

    It was just a thought...it'd be kind of cool to run linear equations, and just practice on the BASH shell for scripting and such...sort of like a bare bones BASH shell for TI (TInix...hehe...) I don't know the archetecture of TI's Hardware/ Software. I know you can write BASIC programs and another language also that is a little more versatile (APPS on TI83+/89/93)...anyways it was just a thought....thanks...

    mb

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9

    Correcttion

    Did some research and there already is a TINIX...written for TI89, it has no relation to UNIX or Linux (no, its not GNU/Linux...) it is a file management application. However, the creator is french so naturally the software is also written in french.....

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    you mean it is written in "freedom" right?
    lol

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    Well, I think unless its a GNU/Linux distro I dont think Linux should be called GNU/Linux in general...

    Revision 3.15.03

    Someone just informed me about the french opposition to the war, got it...good one god...

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I think the TI83+ has 512KB or 1/2 MB of RAM on board.

    All the "+" TI calcs do as well as flash ROM for upgrading the OS.

    BTW, the TI89 and TI92 were the first to have both, hense no "+" in their names.

    I've been using these calculators to teach AP Calculus since the TI81!

    Regards,

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    Allow me to restate the question...does anyone know how big (space) a custom compiled BASH kernel that was stripped to basic functions would be?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    oh well......thanks to all that participated in this forum...

Similar Threads

  1. Only need the kernel + bash
    By sibtay in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 11:08 AM
  2. C++ Compiler in Bash
    By dehahn in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 01:31 AM
  3. Logging off from bash
    By Salzi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 02:56 AM
  4. Using Bash
    By Guitarplaya512 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:03 AM
  5. Bash Bad Interpreter
    By michaelmontagne in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested) picture

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)

$39.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99