Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: dcopserver

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    dcopserver

    Installed knoppix to my hard drive. All went fine but when I log in to the KDE desktop I get an error message that tells me make sure dcopserver is running.

    Any idea what this means? Anyone.

    When the system is loading I notiiced that it says error when loading pci hotplug. Does that have anything to do with it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Could be that it can't mount /home. Did you use an existing home partition? If yes, post your /etc/fstab

    This is what I have as permissions in my home directory for DCOPserver:
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 markus markus 39 Jul 12 10:44 .DCOPserver_fujibox_:0 -> /home/markus/.DCOPserver_fujibox__0
    -rw-r--r-- 1 markus markus 58 Jul 12 10:44 .DCOPserver_fujibox__0

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    more help please

    What would be the existing home partition?

    I installed to a different partition that is 4.5 GB that was existing but unformatted.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    I just thought that it could be a problem if you installed Knoppix but retained and old home partition from a previous install.
    If that's not the the case all I can think of right now is:
    Code:
    su
    chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    reply

    That is exactly what I did.
    Where do I go to fix this with what info I've been given?

    I didn't try the other yet.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    For starters post your /etc/fstab
    I had some trouble with the same thing a while back, IIRC I solved it by renaming ~/.kde and the ~/.DCOPserverfiles

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    reply

    How is that done?

    I'm new to linux and really don't know too much about it..

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Do: cat /etc/fstab in a shell (monitor icon on the kicker in kde). Then highlight it with the left mouse-button and click the middle button here to paste it in.
    For renaming files/directories do as user:
    cd
    mv .kde .kdeOLD

    If you still have the knoppix generated home you can copy over the DCOPserver files to your current home partition. Probably easiest when running the cd so that you can see both homes.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    reply

    Can't get kde to run. Only when I run the CD. Is this okay? Will try.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    I think I've misunderstood your /home partition thing. Could you go to your hdinstalls /home and post the output of: la .DCOP*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DCOPserver in knoppix.img?
    By dave_sussex in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 08:47 PM
  2. DCOPserver problem
    By muckydevil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 11:13 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 04:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99