-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for the info.
If I do exactly that, I get the same error. That's what I've always done, btw, up to the Debian package part (the last time I tried the Debian way, it was unable to work with lilo.conf and I found it less confusing to do it myself instead of answering the post-isntall script's questions). Well, that and I used xconfig instead of menuconfig, but both produce the same error.
I've reinstalled knoppix again, this time with the install script included on the cd instead of the new-web-version script.
What gets me is that I was able to do it the first time - but not since...it makes no sense to me, except that maybe that my cd went bad and the install script is forgiving of errors...
I even swapped cd-rom drives and reinstalled!
Btw, I thought that the kernel headers were only needed if you grabbed a binary kernel, in case some app wants to compile and use them? I thought compiling made your own kernel headers - in any case, I tried it both ways, same error.
Similar Threads
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By davidwahlstedt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 05:42 PM
-
By msnxsw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:12 AM
-
By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
-
By nhoxanh in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046
$24.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00