Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Editing LILO

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    23

    Editing LILO

    Hello,

    While booting Knoppix 3.4, I always get an error about my video modes not being defined. In order to skip this I have to either press space or wait for 30 seconds. I learned that in order to bypass this problem I have to boot with 'vga=normal'.

    I know how to edit my lilo config file, and I tried adding 'vga=normal' to the file. However, whenever I go into root console to test lilo, I always get the error saying vga= is not valid. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? Thanks for your help.

    Here is some text from my lilo.conf file:

    default="Knop 3.4 ker2.4"

    image=/boot/vmlinuz
    label="Knop 3.4 ker2.4"
    initrd=/boot/initrd.img
    append="ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce quiet lang=us fb1024x768 myconfig=/mnt/hdc2 vga=normal"
    read-only

    and here is the error I get when I try to test LILO in the console:

    Fatal: APPEND or LITERAL may not contain "vga="

    jtsai256

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3
    Take the vga=normal out of the APPEND argument, and move it to
    the left margin of the lilo.conf fine, just like image=

    I believe this requirement comes with a newer version of lilo.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    23
    Thanks! Worked like a charm.

Similar Threads

  1. Editing files on HDA....
    By photosoupguru in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:26 AM
  2. Editing lilo to get another OS to boot....
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:12 AM
  3. editing /etc/fstab
    By apun in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 08:06 AM
  4. editing smb.conf
    By Legithrandil in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 04:44 PM
  5. Kmenu editing
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray

$356.80



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i  CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD picture

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD

$245.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$249.99