Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Editing LILO

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    23

    Editing LILO

    Hello,

    While booting Knoppix 3.4, I always get an error about my video modes not being defined. In order to skip this I have to either press space or wait for 30 seconds. I learned that in order to bypass this problem I have to boot with 'vga=normal'.

    I know how to edit my lilo config file, and I tried adding 'vga=normal' to the file. However, whenever I go into root console to test lilo, I always get the error saying vga= is not valid. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? Thanks for your help.

    Here is some text from my lilo.conf file:

    default="Knop 3.4 ker2.4"

    image=/boot/vmlinuz
    label="Knop 3.4 ker2.4"
    initrd=/boot/initrd.img
    append="ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce quiet lang=us fb1024x768 myconfig=/mnt/hdc2 vga=normal"
    read-only

    and here is the error I get when I try to test LILO in the console:

    Fatal: APPEND or LITERAL may not contain "vga="

    jtsai256

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3
    Take the vga=normal out of the APPEND argument, and move it to
    the left margin of the lilo.conf fine, just like image=

    I believe this requirement comes with a newer version of lilo.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    23
    Thanks! Worked like a charm.

Similar Threads

  1. Editing files on HDA....
    By photosoupguru in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:26 AM
  2. Editing lilo to get another OS to boot....
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:12 AM
  3. editing /etc/fstab
    By apun in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 08:06 AM
  4. editing smb.conf
    By Legithrandil in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 04:44 PM
  5. Kmenu editing
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$70.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card picture

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card

$26.21



NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance picture

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance

$29.99