-
Junior Member
registered user
Mouse problem with kernel 2.4 but not with 2.6
Hello,
My Microsoft Wireless USB mouse won't work with kernel 2.4, but interestingly enough it works with kernel 2.6. I am using Knoppix 3.4 hard drive install. I've tried the following console commands, to no avail:
modprobe -r usbmouse
modprobe hid
Has this happened to anyone else before? The main reason I can't use kernel 2.6 is because I can't run at a resolution higher than 640x480 (still trying to work that problem out). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
jtsai256
-
Senior Member
registered user
is the problem with 2.6 or with 2.4? (Text vs. headline).
modprobe uhci-hcd
or
modprobe ehci-hcd
or
modprobe ohci-hcd
-
Junior Member
registered user
Whoops that is a typo in the subject. I changed it to reflect the true nature of my problem: the mouse works in kernel 2.6 but not in kernel 2.4.
I suppose it isn't as important anymore since I finally got my video card to work in 1024x768 while using kernel 2.6. Thanks for the help, though.
jtsai256
Similar Threads
-
By Coffee-OD in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-03-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By Leander in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 02:50 PM
-
By Nightmare in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 09:13 AM
-
By mcms in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:37 AM
-
By pepsi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93