is the problem with 2.6 or with 2.4? (Text vs. headline).
modprobe uhci-hcd
or
modprobe ehci-hcd
or
modprobe ohci-hcd
Hello,
My Microsoft Wireless USB mouse won't work with kernel 2.4, but interestingly enough it works with kernel 2.6. I am using Knoppix 3.4 hard drive install. I've tried the following console commands, to no avail:
modprobe -r usbmouse
modprobe hid
Has this happened to anyone else before? The main reason I can't use kernel 2.6 is because I can't run at a resolution higher than 640x480 (still trying to work that problem out). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
jtsai256
is the problem with 2.6 or with 2.4? (Text vs. headline).
modprobe uhci-hcd
or
modprobe ehci-hcd
or
modprobe ohci-hcd
Whoops that is a typo in the subject. I changed it to reflect the true nature of my problem: the mouse works in kernel 2.6 but not in kernel 2.4.
I suppose it isn't as important anymore since I finally got my video card to work in 1024x768 while using kernel 2.6. Thanks for the help, though.
jtsai256

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73