Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: External Modem works, but web pages do not open

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2

    External Modem works, but web pages do not open

    I have Version 3.3 installed to my hard drive. I set up Kppp no problem, as I have in other Linux Distros.

    Here's the problem:

    I dial up my ISP.
    I open Mozilla or Konquerer and try to open a web page and I get "Page not found" errors.

    What did I miss?????

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    ppp not running?

    ps ax | grep ppp

    did you ping some sites?

    ping www.kicker.de

    No dnsserver defined?
    After connecting:

    cat /etc/resolv.conf

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2

    Thanks

    I'll give that a try.

    Thanks!

    Tom

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2

    modem connects to isp but does not resolve web addressess

    Hello, I have a similar problem with knoppix. It connects to the isp through pcmcia modem, you can ping ip addressess but it wont resolve any name so therefore wont browse or anything. How do I solve this ? thanks !

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Try add you I.S.P nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2
    [quote="shah"]Try add you I.S.P nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf. [thanks ! i tried this yersterday and works now]

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to open modem /modem busy
    By jodef in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 08:21 AM
  2. rockwell external modem need help
    By bako in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:29 PM
  3. All file-open dialogs show maximized and no longer works??
    By metavoid in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 10:27 AM
  4. ambient external modem
    By sopo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 11:40 AM
  5. external 56k modem
    By in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99