You may not change a file, if the whole filesystem is in READ-ONLY-mode.
As root:
remount -rw /dev/hda1
I use knoppix within my windows 2000 network to help recover any files off of PC's in which are un bootable. I had a laptop brought to me in which a certain file is shown within knoppix as locked (has the little lock icon on the file). Now I have tried changing the file's permissions in both the gui and with in the terminal. Here are the results.
When I check the properties of the file none of the permission are checked and it states that knoppix is both the user and group owner. But when I try to change the permissions it reads
Now when trying through the console using the chmod command it reads"Could not change permissions for /mnt/hda1/<file name>"So can you please tell me how to force a change of permissions on any file?"changing permissions of '<file name>': Read-only file system"
Thanks in advance.
You may not change a file, if the whole filesystem is in READ-ONLY-mode.
As root:
remount -rw /dev/hda1

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00