You may not change a file, if the whole filesystem is in READ-ONLY-mode.
As root:
remount -rw /dev/hda1
I use knoppix within my windows 2000 network to help recover any files off of PC's in which are un bootable. I had a laptop brought to me in which a certain file is shown within knoppix as locked (has the little lock icon on the file). Now I have tried changing the file's permissions in both the gui and with in the terminal. Here are the results.
When I check the properties of the file none of the permission are checked and it states that knoppix is both the user and group owner. But when I try to change the permissions it reads
Now when trying through the console using the chmod command it reads"Could not change permissions for /mnt/hda1/<file name>"So can you please tell me how to force a change of permissions on any file?"changing permissions of '<file name>': Read-only file system"
Thanks in advance.
You may not change a file, if the whole filesystem is in READ-ONLY-mode.
As root:
remount -rw /dev/hda1

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63
KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99
95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99