You may not change a file, if the whole filesystem is in READ-ONLY-mode.
As root:
remount -rw /dev/hda1
I use knoppix within my windows 2000 network to help recover any files off of PC's in which are un bootable. I had a laptop brought to me in which a certain file is shown within knoppix as locked (has the little lock icon on the file). Now I have tried changing the file's permissions in both the gui and with in the terminal. Here are the results.
When I check the properties of the file none of the permission are checked and it states that knoppix is both the user and group owner. But when I try to change the permissions it reads
Now when trying through the console using the chmod command it reads"Could not change permissions for /mnt/hda1/<file name>"So can you please tell me how to force a change of permissions on any file?"changing permissions of '<file name>': Read-only file system"
Thanks in advance.
You may not change a file, if the whole filesystem is in READ-ONLY-mode.
As root:
remount -rw /dev/hda1

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 SSD Excellent Health wiped
$54.99