-
I'm new here and say hello to every body.
Hello, every body in knoppix.net, I'm new here. I want to make friend with all of U!
I'm a China Boy in Shanghai, nearly I found Knoppix on the internet, I downloaded one the use, I found this OS is very easy for every body who want to work on Linux OS. Before this I have never userd the Linux OS. This is my first time to use Linux. So I decide to do one CD for me and other Chinese with Chinese. But I only know a little about the Linux. So I will learn more on Linux.
Best wishes for all of you!
Stephen More
Shanghai, PRC
My E_mail:[email protected]
-
Senior Member
registered user
Allow me to have the honor of being the first to welcome you here. I hope you enjoy your experience here and with linux. This site is visited by some of the nicest and most helpful people I've found online.
Take a look at the tabs along the top of this page, and note the one titled "docs". In there you will find a wealth of information on linux. You will also find a search box at the top of the page. Many of the questions you will have about linux have already been asked and answered by someone else, so you'll probably want to look there first.
Again, it's great to have you here.
jd
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hey bud.
Check it out, if you're Chinese, you might want to take a look at the distros available at
ftp3.tnc.edu.tw in the /knoppix directory
That site contains knoppix distros that have been localized for Chinese users to include character input using both Big5 and GB format. Also, most of the menus are in Chinese. Naturally you can use English as well. It's very similar to the setup of Chinese Windows.
At the moment, the one called B1VA1 is the nearest to completion in my opinion. In my experience, it can use character input without any further modification. Just boot up and you can type Chinese documents in Open Office and search the Web in Chinese with Mozilla. There are a few other .isos in there like Knoppix CLE that also have much of the Chinese work done.
You should also check out Cluster Knoppix.
-
Thanks all of you!
Because I am a boy in shanghai, i
want to bulid one use Simplified Chinese, So I want to know how to change the language. And I want to study English well here.
Best wishes!
Stephen More
Shanghai, PRC
-
I am new here too. I heard about Knoppix a few months agon and am just now getting around exploring it. All I can say is WOW, I'm super impressed. Its been more 10 years since I had anything to do with the Unix OS. Knoppix looks oh so familiar but I am sure I will have to do some relearning before I'm comfortable with it. So far, I find everyone in this forum, respectful (wish all were like this) and helpful. I know I will like it here.
Rich
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hello and welcome to all the noobs! There is SO much documentation available for Linux it's insane! Read, enjoy and certainly do not be afraid to ask questions. We were all noobs at one time eh?
I can promise that if you really want to learn a better way of computing Linux is your answer. All I would ask is that you give Debian GNU Linux the same effort and time you've given M$. I promise you'll not be sorry.
Similar Threads
-
By computerman0216 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2005, 03:22 AM
-
By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 01:32 AM
-
By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2x SAMSUNG 32GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY M393A4K40CB2-CVFC0 64GB TOTAL
$300.00

HPE 64gb PC4-2933Y 4DRx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Server Memory P03054-091 P06190-001
$399.99

Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM
$70.00

SK Hynix 16GB HMA42GL7MFR4N-TF 2Rx4 PC4-2133P ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$120.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

32GB Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1RK PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory
$118.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM
$449.00