Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: I'm new here and say hello to every body.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Shanghai,PRC
    Posts
    6

    I'm new here and say hello to every body.


    Hello, every body in knoppix.net, I'm new here. I want to make friend with all of U!
    I'm a China Boy in Shanghai, nearly I found Knoppix on the internet, I downloaded one the use, I found this OS is very easy for every body who want to work on Linux OS. Before this I have never userd the Linux OS. This is my first time to use Linux. So I decide to do one CD for me and other Chinese with Chinese. But I only know a little about the Linux. So I will learn more on Linux.

    Best wishes for all of you!
    Stephen More
    Shanghai, PRC
    My E_mail:[email protected]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Allow me to have the honor of being the first to welcome you here. I hope you enjoy your experience here and with linux. This site is visited by some of the nicest and most helpful people I've found online.

    Take a look at the tabs along the top of this page, and note the one titled "docs". In there you will find a wealth of information on linux. You will also find a search box at the top of the page. Many of the questions you will have about linux have already been asked and answered by someone else, so you'll probably want to look there first.

    Again, it's great to have you here.

    jd

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    23
    Hey bud.
    Check it out, if you're Chinese, you might want to take a look at the distros available at

    ftp3.tnc.edu.tw in the /knoppix directory

    That site contains knoppix distros that have been localized for Chinese users to include character input using both Big5 and GB format. Also, most of the menus are in Chinese. Naturally you can use English as well. It's very similar to the setup of Chinese Windows.
    At the moment, the one called B1VA1 is the nearest to completion in my opinion. In my experience, it can use character input without any further modification. Just boot up and you can type Chinese documents in Open Office and search the Web in Chinese with Mozilla. There are a few other .isos in there like Knoppix CLE that also have much of the Chinese work done.
    You should also check out Cluster Knoppix.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Shanghai,PRC
    Posts
    6

    Thanks all of you!

    Because I am a boy in shanghai, i want to bulid one use Simplified Chinese, So I want to know how to change the language. And I want to study English well here.



    Best wishes!

    Stephen More
    Shanghai, PRC

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1
    I am new here too. I heard about Knoppix a few months agon and am just now getting around exploring it. All I can say is WOW, I'm super impressed. Its been more 10 years since I had anything to do with the Unix OS. Knoppix looks oh so familiar but I am sure I will have to do some relearning before I'm comfortable with it. So far, I find everyone in this forum, respectful (wish all were like this) and helpful. I know I will like it here.

    Rich

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Hello and welcome to all the noobs! There is SO much documentation available for Linux it's insane! Read, enjoy and certainly do not be afraid to ask questions. We were all noobs at one time eh?

    I can promise that if you really want to learn a better way of computing Linux is your answer. All I would ask is that you give Debian GNU Linux the same effort and time you've given M$. I promise you'll not be sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. new to wine could some body help me set it up?
    By computerman0216 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 03:22 AM
  2. Was any body able to remastr Kanotex?
    By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 01:32 AM
  3. Was any body successful remastring game knoppix 3.7-2?
    By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.75